Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WTFitness!~Shakeology



WTFaq Fitness


There are so many sources for fitness inspiration these days....
Pinterest 
All those Biggest Loser -type T.V. shows
That crazy-ripped gym buddy
The anti-food queen at work 
Or maybe even an old Jane Fonda/Richard Simmons tape you have at home
...it is so easy to get confused or feel overwhelmed. 

I consider myself a healthy person. I'm a vegetarian, I've always been into fitness & always wanted to look and feel good. BUT I do love my french fries. Obsession may be a better word to describe the love. I've posted some of my favorite recipes before and my favorite sources for yummy recipes but I'm going to switch it up a bit. 

Once every one-two weeks I am going to post what the hell I've been doing to keep track of my fitness. Maybe it will help you. Maybe it will just be a record to help me? Either way, it's happening. 

Favorite recipes, meal prepping plans, new obsessions, new Pins, exercises or fads I've tried. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------


This past weekend, I started a Shakeology 3-day Cleanse (Friday through Monday). Basically....

I drank a Shakeology shake in the morning for breakfast with a big glass of green tea to follow. A shake for lunch with another glass of green tea. Had a banana or a 1/2 cup of mixed fruit if I needed it for a snack (which I did). And a salad with 4 oz of protein, I had quinoa, for dinner. 

Now the good stuff: 

-I was starving; hangry the first day but it got better. 

-The shakes are yummy! The chocolate is what I had. Yum!

- It was easy to regulate the timing. 

-I didn't lose a crazy amount of weight but I do feel lighter and it totally jump started my weight loss. 

-It didn't make me poop like crazy! For any of you dieters, you know what I'm talking about!

-There is so much good-for-you ish in these shakes I can't even begin to tell you what all is there. Seriously check out the website. Your mind will be blowwwn. 

-Oh & I didn't cheat at all besides the couple shots of Jameson I had after my shift one night....What can I say, Jameo is love. 

Bottom line: I liked it so much I'm getting a 30-day supply to keep trying. If anything, I will drink it for breakfast or a when I'm starving before my night job.

Check out more information about Shakeology and start working on your fitness! Also, like my independent Shakeology Beachbody Coach's Facebook Page HERE! Her name is Nicole Fisher & she is a DOLL! 

------------------------------------------------------------

So now what? Well, I've bought a 30-day supply from Nicole and am going to keep chugging along (you see what I did there). I'll keep you updated. 

As for this week, I'm working on Dr. Oz's "48-hour" cleanse which I'm turning into a full week's cleanse. You can find the link to more info HERE. And of course, I'll let you know how it goes! 

 ------------------------------------------------------------
photo.JPG
Other Ish? 

Since I was cleansing, I wasn't doing any heavy exercise but that will start up again. 

    -I ride my bike to work and back every day which totals about 5 miles a day. 

    -I will post my workout routine once I get back into a routine but I did go for about a mile jog yesterday.

    -I am taking some supplements besides the Shakeology. I take GNC's Total Lean Burn 60 Dietary Supplement. Only 1/2 in the morning for some extra energy. I wouldn't recommend any pills to anyone since I'm not a doctor but I do use them. Also a multivitamin from Trader Joe's, Women's Once Daily Multivitamin & Mineral Dietary Supplement.  And if I make a fruit smoothie, I use Muscle Milk's lactose-free protein powder. 



 ------------------------------------------------------------

Again, hopefully this helps you. If there is something you see that you think I should try or have feedback or questions on what I have tried, let me know! I've got 6-pack dreams and I'm going to make them happen! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me please? Thanks!!

    Melanie : )

    ReplyDelete