Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Jumpers"

Jump·er: 
  1. An individual recently out of a relationship or non-platonic commitment who rebounds to another relationship with little or no time in between.

Yep...I just did that. I need to add that definition to Urban Dictionary pronto before anyone else gets a hold of it.

Let me first say that I hope I don't offend anyone by this post...but if I do...it's my opinion and my opinion is that you're nuts. Second, if you know me & all of a sudden you feel like I'm talking about you, you should already have heard this from me in person. Whether you decided to listen to me or not is your choice and I will love you & support you no matter what. Unless you're not my friend and then you can refer to my first statement....nuts.  

Now that's out of the way, let me explain. You ever have that friend...girl or guy...who just can't stay single? They literally jump from one relationship to another? Everyone has at least one & I wish I could scream it from the top of the Empire State Building - I DON'T GET YOU!

Unless it's that, "can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence world series kinda love" why do it? Don't you remember how bad it just hurt to get out of that other relationship? You were someone's partner, their other half...how you can rearrange your life all over again to fit a new person's?

Maybe you think it's easier with someone else. Maybe you're afraid to be alone. Maybe you don't even know you're a serial dater.

Please know I'm not judging you. I truly don't understand. After I broke up with my last very serious relationship I was devastated. I loved him but it wasn't right. I couldn't imagine jumping into another relationship.

What I did learn after the break up is how much I LOVE the freedom of being single! I could seriously go on and on about all my favorite things but that's annoying.

What I really want to know is how you feel about jumpers and if you've ever jumped? Was it the right choice? Did you regret not having enough single time or was it the best relationship of your life? Maybe I'm the one with the issue and I should take the stick out of my....sorry mom....

Moral of the story: We are stronger than we think. You can be independent without being lonely. I promise. Take a little bit of extra time in between those relationships. Try and find happiness within yourself before looking for someone else to make you happy. Know your self-worth and love yourself. If anything, I think you will be able to make your future partner happier if you do. If they really like you, they can slow the hell down. If they're impatient, well, do you really want an impatient boyfriend anyway??
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment