Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 8, 2013

Smoothie Recipe

It's been awhile since I have blogged because I have been traveling for business. Blah. Thought I would jump-start my blog just like I jump-started my fitness again. 

This is what I call paradise! A smoothie that is super quick to make, delicious to drink, HEALTHY and a machine that is easy to clean. What more can you ask for? 

BERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana 
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of orange juice - I use sugar free, natural, organic
1 tbsp of Chia seeds
1 tbsp of flax seed
(optional: other berries of your choice) 

Machine: I use the Hamilton Beach Personal Travel Blender. My brother got it for me for a Christmas gift, sweet boy, but I looked it up on Amazon and found it for as little as $13.00. I highly recommend it! Super easy to use & super easy to clean. But of course, you can use anything you have. 

Directions:

  1. I put the juice in first so the blade has something to stir. 
  2. Then, dump all the other ingredients in and hold the button until your desired consistency.
  3. Take the blender off and go! OR Pour in another glass and go! 
  4. To clean...here is my little trick. Rinse, add a bit of dish soap and then blend again!! You are blending the hot water and cleaner! Rinse again with hot water & boom! You're done. #pinterestproblems 
No, seriously. GO! Go to the gym! Work your butt off. And come home and make another smoothie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment