Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 29, 2013

Pepper and Avocado Quesadilla (Wrap)

I am writing this post in pure bliss. I just finished one of my favorite homemade lunches. It was so good I had to start taking pictures and let you in on this delicious yet quick meal.

Oh, and I am a Trader Joe's fanatic so almost everything used in this recipe is from TJs but you can get all of the ingredients at your favorite store. I'll mark those ingredients I have only been able to find at TJs & you can see pics below.

Quick spray of EVOO cooking spray
1 Brown Rice Tortilla Wrap, TJ (130 calories)
1 Laughing Cow Cheese wedge (35 calories)
1/4 cup of shredded cheese (80 calories)
1/4 red pepper or 3 mini red peppers, chopped finely (11 calories)
1/4 cup of banana peppers or peppercinis (less than 10 calories)
1 Tbsp Red pepper & Eggplant Spread, TJ (only 15 calories per tbsp & packed with flavor!)
1/2 avocado, chopped (125-150 calories)
1 Tbsp Hummus Dip - for dipping (40 calories)

1. After prepping your veggies, spray your flat pan or large skillet with EVOO cooking spray and turn the burner on medium.
2. Spread the red pepper spread and cheese wedge on the whole tortilla and lay it flat on pan.
3. Add the shredded cheese, all peppers and avocado on one side of the tortilla.
4. Once the tortilla becomes warm and flexible, fold the tortilla over and let melt.
5. Flip several times to desired crispyness. - yes I just used the word crispyness.
6. Once it's done, top or dip in hummus & enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment