Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Suit and Tie

???WHAT IS IT ABOUT A MAN IN A [SUIT&TIE] THAT IS SO DAMN SEXUAL???


Quick backgound: I go to A LOT of conferences for work. A LOT. The majority of the time, I fall into the small percentage of women attending and am definitely the youngest. So, this past week I was attending a conference for business and while sitting in the back row, falling asleep - daydreaming....listening, yaaa listening...I couldn't help but notice all these sexual silver foxes in business suits and it got me thinking....

Physically, a suit shapes the body. It defines their (hopefully broad) shoulders, slims the middle (unless they look like Santa Claus) and stops bluntly at the waist, right above that tight ass. Doesn't help that there is always a tie and button up shirt that I imagine ripping off....a little 50 shades for ya.

Let us not forget about the surreal men of Hollywood rocking the suit & tie.

  • Justin Timberlake - if I didn't shout him out, the world might have stopped. 
  • George Clooney
  • Brad Pitt 
  • Ryan Gosling - this one is for you ladies...
  • Will Smith
  • Matt Bomber - P.S. Dear Matt, What do the gays have that I don't? Sincerely, a sad straight girl :( 
  • Ryan Reynolds - one of my personal favorites....yum....
  • President Obama 
  • Frank Sinatra 
  • John Stamos
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Even fictional characters in suits are hawwwtttt...

  • James Bond
  • Don Draper 
  • Christian Grey - Remember, we only have our own creative interpretation of what he looks like floating around in our head and it still is...phew...can't even talk about it. 
  • Barney Stinson - You know that Ducky Tie turns you on, don't lie.  
  • Clark Kent 
  • Iron Man 
  • And every GQ model - cause let's be honest, they CAN'T be real life. 
Psychologically speaking, I started to question WHY men wear suits & WHY those reasons were stimulating.

Hold on to your panties ladies.

Some thoughts are pretty straight-forward. When I see a suited man, I think he is successful. Not just financially but in life.
I see ambition, skills, structure, knowledge, control and ya, I can't lie, wealth.

Going back to original motivation for my daydream, the silver fox. He's older, more experienced, a mystery almost. His 5:00 shadow is creeping up and he has a look on his face like he's craving a 100-year old scotch.

I know what you're thinking....a suit and tie can't magically transform an ugly duckling into an elegant swan...but that is OK! Just stand a good distance away, squint one eye and tilt you're head. BOOM! Sexual all over again.

Heyyy Fellas -- What about you? Do you think a woman perfectly fitted in a pant or dress suit is sexual? If so, what is it? A ton of celebrity women have adorned a suit on the red carpet. Who wore it best? Blake Lively is always wearing some combo. Doesn't do it for you? Why not!?

ANYWAYS!



MORAL OF THE STORY: Get suited and booted. It's a look that no one can turn down. The sophistication will drip off you like dew in the morning.

I heard a quote somewhere, "a well tailored suit for women is lingerie for men", and I couldn't agree more.







No comments:

Post a Comment