Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hancock

Ever watched the movie Hancock?

Will Smith, the drunken bad ass superhero gone terribly wrong and Charlize Theron, his long lost wife striving for a normal life that Smith has no recollection of. He finally feels or remembers their connection even though she has been running from him for "lifetimes". Story goes, superheros are created in two's and if they end up being together they ultimately die. Smith & Theron are the only two left and have survived because they have stayed away from each other for so long.

As you find out in the movie, their connection, fate or destiny ALWAYS pulls them back together but it is fatal to actually be with each other.

...talk about a fatal attraction...

Have you ever felt like that in real life? A person in your life that no matter what you do to run away from them, their spirit or memory, they haunt you?

I have. Whether it be a dream or a smell...even after months or years, it creeps back in my mind. I've tried everything to brainwash myself. Sometimes I wish I could take a shot of amnesia.

After all this time, I've finally figured out that I can't let this memory terrorize me anymore. I have to appreciate the lesson it taught me and move on with my life to be happy.

At times, movies feel like real life. I've wondered if that person is my Handcock. No matter the love, we are destined to be apart.

Fortunately, the movie ends with them knowing their fate but understanding they are able to chose how they live their life. Separate and happy.

Maybe there is truth to movies after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment