Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 14, 2013

Resolutions, bitches.

Just do it!

Awhile back I was chatting with a fitness-savvy girlfriend and in the middle of our long conversation she spit out one idea that honestly changed my life forever.


"That moment you want to give up, throw up or throw in the towel, focus on your breathing and concentrate on how your body feels. Enjoy the pain. You are a human being that has breath and muscles. Feel it. 
You are alive."

I don't think she meant for it to be so influential in my life but it was. I've never thought about it like that. I am so lucky to have physical strength and the capability to work my ass off! There are so many people in the world that would DIE to be able to run a mile. I'm over taking my blessings for granted!

2013 is my year of fitness success! I have set some high standards and goals for myself this year and I refuse not to meet them! I won't go into crazy detail but a a few include running my first organized race (registered for it today!), fit in those skinny pants and to feel healthy deep down in my soul!  

As most of you know, I recently had surgery and it kicked my motivation to the side. I can proudly say I am going to the gym for the first time today in over 8 weeks. I know I am probably going to die of a treadmill-induced coma, and if I do, please speak kindly of me at my funeral, but it will be worth it :) 

I just keep saying to myself...a year from now, I would have wished I started TODAY... 

THIS IS AMAZING!

P.S. - If you are looking for a new work out playlist, check mine out on my Spotify account. Search "Work It Out" under my name & you'll find it. Enjoy! 

What are your New Year's healthy Resolutions? If you have any tricks, tips or life experiences, PLEASE SHARE :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment