Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's OKAY to ask for help!

It's been a pretty tough week guys! Tonsilectomy is no joke, let me tell you!
 
I can't tell you enough how appreciative I am to my parents, other family & friends for sending good vibes, positive messages, flowers & balloons and for taking care of me! I could not have done this without you guys!!
 
&& that got me thinking...as much as I am an independent person, I seriously could not have done it without help.
 
It was really, really hard to depend on my parents. I haven't lived with them since I was a fresh 18 years old -- & without revealing my age, I'll just say it's been more than a few years. -- I had to allow them to cook for me (& make me eat), wake me up every four hours on the dot to medicine, even do my laundry! So, it's safe to say, I had a lot of time to think.
 
Living alone has made me quick to rely on only myself for care but not only that, it's also made it hard to ask for help! I thought it was a sign of weakness or a lack of self power. 
 
I can actually think of multiple times where I have pushed people that love me away because I wanted to prove to myself I can handle my own.
 
My past has shown me, yes I can do it alone. But this agonizing past week has shown me that it is OKAY to ask for help! Especially when you really need it! It actually feels good to have people help you...
 
Moral of the story. Ask for help when you need. Lend a helping hand when someone does.
Those two things will make you the strongest YOU you can be.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment