Inspiration

ABOUT:

"Rosie the Riveter" is a cultural icon representing the American woman working during WWII. She symbolizes the strong, independent woman of that time. -- Now, more than 70 years later, the symbol stands as strong as she. I am proud to be a woman and am grateful for other brave women before me that endured the struggle of sexism and paved the equal path to our society today.

These are the confessions, lessons learned and experiences from my life. A single, independent, strong, young professional woman living in a busy Downtown city in Northern California.

Embracing my domesticity while enjoying the freedom of being perfectly lonely.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 10, 2012

THRIVE - Shelf Reliance

THRIVE!

Last night, my sister-inlaw Lindsey invited me to a "Thrive" party. Basically a Tupperwear/Scentsy type sales party. I'll be honest, I had no intention of buying anything but after I found out what this amazing product is, I couldn't help but to sign up for their monthly membership!!

I know, I know...you're thinking this is a sales schpeal but it's NOT! I just want to share how amazed and excited I am.

Let me give you a little background. My lovely, angel mother has been preaching my whole entire life, along with the Church organization I grew up in, The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints (Mormon, LDS), that we should be prepared for the worse. Prepared for an emergency, natural disaster or any unfortuante circumstance, at least a 72 hour kit but of course more is always better. Food and food storage, water, clothes and emergency kits and supplies.

Thrive was created just for that...and more! Before I say exactly what this company is making, don't judge! Thrive is freeze-dried food. Grains, baking goods, vegetables, fruit, dair, meat, beans, other basics and even pre-made dinners! This company has brought in multiple executive and famous chefs to perfect their food and recipes to make them actually good to eat! They've made different sizes so you can actually use the food, rotate the food in and out so it doesn't waste and create your "Home Store". Thrive has created a monthly plan that sends you food (chosen by you or automatically), it's called The Q. You can chose your price, dates, everything really! It is the best way to eat healthy, save money, save food and prepare yourself or your family.

Did I mention...the food is GOOD! Don't believe me? It's okay, I didn't either. But after taste-testing some of the food at a Thrive Party...I am a believer. Still don't believe me? Check out their website which features Kelsey Nixon, Food Channel Star Chef, creating some wonderful dishes.

I can't wait to get my first shipment. I have ordered carrots, potato chunks, red bell pepper strips, strawberry slices and peach slices. I will definitely be updating you more!

Google: Thrive or visit, www.shelfreliance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment